Sunday 24 January 2016

Dressage

Well first outing of 2016! Up until now I've mainly been riding and having lessons on Pait as the  getting Rory out of the field involves scenes like "it came from the bog lagoon!" She has really been trying her heart out and has been doing a bit more hacking after she was naughty when I took her out at xmas break. That behaviour got her a hack every day I was off lol.
Today had entered nps qualifiers at manor grange. Rory I could have cried at the mud on him luckily Em helped scrub him and I thanked the electric tapes gods his tail was paited up.
Rory first up 2 good but very tense tests. In both on right rein canter he locked and disunited so I had to break to trot to rebalance before he put in a buck. Just over 60% in each test and a 6th placing in prelim.
Pait next in with Em, she went a bit green in the prelim but was still going forwards which she wouldnt have done 6 months ago, then straight onto the novice and she tried her little socks off. 59% unplaced in prelim but 64% and first in her first ever novice. So proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment